We finally painting our guest rooms!!! Here are some of the photos I took during this project!
Well today I started the Kitchen remodel. I went this weekend and bought some Annie Sloan Chalk Paint and painted the island in the kitchen. I am pleased with the results although I am still waiting on the second coat to dry.
The basic steps to working with Annie Sloan paint are as follows….
- Paint base coat, let dry
- If layering colors, paint second color, let dry
- Apply thin coat of clear wax all over piece with brush or rag, wipe excess
- If you want a worn appearance, sand when the clear wax is wet
- If you want aged appearance, apply dark wax over the clear wax, wipe excess with rag or rage dipped in clear wax
- Wipe Excess wax
- Allow to dry, min 24 hours
- Buff with a rag if you want more sheen
I will say the paint went on very well. I used a paint brush, and painted right out of the can. It got thick towards the end, so next time I will definitely pour the paint into a cup or something to prevent that.
|One coat of chalk paint|
|Two coats of chalk paint|
|Before I painted|
|After two coats of paint|
|After two Coats before Wax
After a couple weeks!
Next I get started on the rest of the cabinets, painting them pure white.
Finally, I paint the walls. I mixed the Provence annie sloan paint with pure white wall paint to get a lighter version of the color I painted the island.
I’m still not finished by I love the cabinets and wall color!! Annie Sloan Chalk Paint is awesome!!!
Unique Answers To All Kinds of Questions
Musings of a first-time mommy
BY GRACE THROUGH FAITH
To bring out the best in you ...