The word Blessing has many definitions. I am talking today about the blessing that means a beneficial thing for which one is grateful, or something that brings well-being. These are the blessings that you can do everyday to help bring someone well being or gratitude.
In the past, I have paid for a stranger’s groceries. I happened to be behind them in line and for what ever reason they didn’t have the money. I pulled my card and helped them along. I have tipped unsuspecting waiters and waitresses a hundred dollars. Once, the waitress followed me into the parking lot crying and wanted to hug my neck. I love surprising people with small gifts that I find out and about. These gifts are usually things that just remind me of that person, and I want to get it for them.
I don’t share any of this because I want to pat my own back or have recognition at all; but to help you find small ways to be a blessing to someone everyday. You don’t have to be rich to bless others. Anyone can do it!
- Hold the door open for someone and smile at them
- Stop and help someone in a store if they are looking for something or can’t reach an item. I see this all the time, especially people on scooters.
- tip 20% always. My rule is a 10 dollar tip for any amount less than 50 dollars. I think servers deserve at least 10 dollars regardless of how cheap the mean costs.
- Call someone out of the blue and tell them you are thinking about them. You could also text them this.
- Give someone your items that you really have no need for anymore. I always offer any items I may have sitting around to people. My kids usually benefit from this! I have also blessed people with clothing I no longer wear, or no longer fit into.
- Offer to babysit children for a couple so they can enjoy some alone time. Granted everyone is not going to want you to babysit their children, but I’m sure there is someone out their that would trust you.
- Keep on moving when you see a post on Facebook post that you don’t agree with. Ok no one will no you did this, but it isn’t really necessary to blast your feelings all over social media. Just keep scrolling and say no to that educational comment that you are wanting to share.
- Invite people over to have dinner. I do this all the time! I love having people over! My food is not anything great, but the fellowship is truly amazing!
- Help someone with cleaning or another service that you may be good at.
- Donate blood
- Shop local. Small business really need our business to stay in business! Support your local businesses.
- When you see someone taking pictures, offer to take a group picture for them. I don’t how many times I end up with pictures of everyone and I am not in the pictures because I was taking the pictures.
- Send a college student a care package. College is tough! Students need money for household items and personal care items, and often can’t afford them. Bless a college student you know with a care package today. You could include restaurant gift cards, laundry items, movies, or just a special surprise to help make their day.
- A close college friend taught me this, never forget someone’s birthday. Call on special occassions and let them know how special they are to you. I suck at remembering birthday, but Facebook always reminds me now. You can post on their facebook, or call them, or even text them. Just tell them you are thinking about them and you love them. You could take them out to lunch or dinner.
These are just a few things off the top of my head that I have mentioned. My point is that you can always be a blessing. Open your eyes and pay attention to people while you are out and about.
What are some ways that you know of to be a blessing to others? Share them in your comments.